Or, why having your computer on the floor is inconvenient. Readers will quickly notice a pattern emerging.
- Attempt to type while lying on stomach. Hard on elbows.
- While lying on stomach, male cat (Disraeli) arrives and ensconces himself on back. Compression ensues.
- Female cat (Victoria) pointedly sits in front of monitor, somewhat obscuring sight lines.
- Victoria inserts self between human and keyboard, rendering typing difficult.
- Attempt to type while sitting cross-legged, keyboard balanced on knees. Disraeli under the impression that both he and keyboard can fit on lap at the same time. Human begs to differ.
- Both cats express interest in typing. Not convenient when human is in the process of revising an encyclopedia article.
- Cats play with pens, rubber balls, toy mice, etc., happily caroming into human being, monitor, keyboard, etc. Cats in good mood. Human, not so much.