1. Individuals of a student-like appearance now visible on a frequent basis.
2. E-mails detailing a long list of arcane parking regulations suddenly appear.
3. Academic bloggers temporarily cease writing substantive posts in order to complete syllabi (ahem).
4. Got meetings?
5. Aforementioned academic bloggers contemplate clearing the remnants of last semester's courses off their desks (ahem, ahem).
6. I need to submit what by when?
7. Incorrect books appear in the bookstore, then disappear, then magically reappear in the correct edition (one devoutly hopes).
8. Short academic bloggers negotiate for new classrooms, pointing out that seeing the students is, in most quarters, generally considered a plus. Negotiations prove successful.
9. Professors go in search of lectures saved in the wrong folder.
10. Once again, everyone prepares to leap into the unknown...