1. I reread what is now chapter two (in which the early British Church somehow manages to become Protestant...), and note a paragraph that really doesn't belong there anymore.
2. I move the paragraph to the book's introduction.
3. I note that the introduction is now twenty-five pages long, whereas the new chapter two is fifteen pages long.
4. I detect an imbalance in the textual force.
5. I contemplate various options, of which some are reasonable (write ten more pages for chapter two) and some are not (borrowing a magic marker from netHack and using the #apply command).