Thanks to an inside source, we have obtained a preview of several upcoming issues of Chronicle Vitae. Below are some of the more exciting topics, guaranteed to speak to the needs and experiences of American academics everywhere.
1. I've just received tenure at Harvard. How can I best recover from my guilt?
2. Multiple fly-outs can mean major indigestion. Here are our five tips for maintaining your exercise regimen on the go.
3. My overwhelming popularity with the undergraduates aggravates my colleagues. Here's how I capitalize on their annoyance.
4. Dear forum: "I demanded more release time to finish my sixth book, and now the dean won't take my calls. What would you do in my place?"
5. Our doctoral program has had no job placements in the past thirty years. But cutting it would destroy the real purpose of a liberal arts education.
6. How one academic negotiated for the mahogany desk with brass hardware that she so richly deserved.
7. The case for mandatory faculty attendance at football games.
8. The case against mandatory faculty attendance at football games.
9. I'm a tenured full professor. The following pedagogical reforms will be really convenient for me.
10. Academic prose is terrible. Except for mine.